I biked to the top of a mountain, and other things
Hello and Happy Monday! I hope everyone had as awesome of a weekend as I did, because I had an awesome weekend. It started Friday with new glasses and ended Sunday installing one of the prettiest designs I ever did see (in my humble opinion).
1. I seriously can't get enough of these babies. Tune in later this week for more info on how you can get a pair of your very own.
2. Friday night was Happy Hour Hangout with Ashten and Amber and it was ah-mazing. This group of girls had so much to offer on all things blogging and my little heart was so happy and full at the end of our session. Read Ashten's recap here and Amber's recap here.
3. Derek and I ventured to Oak Mountain State Park (in Birmingham) for the first time (my first time, not his) and we CLIMBED A MOUNTAIN on our bikes. This picture was taken right at the peak, after a three mile incline.
4. Celebratory stance on some rocks. They don't look that tall but behind me was the drop off of the side of the mountain and I felt pretty tall up there.
5. 16.7 miles of intense trails (my furthest ride yet!) call for intense re-fueling. On hot wings and beer. Duh.
6. On Sunday I decided to make nomz in the form of raspberry oatmeal bars (recipe to come) and it took every fiber in my being to not eat the whole batch right out of the oven.
Other weekend things included grocery shopping, buying a new Camelbak after mine busted (these things are awesome), and tons of homework and studying. I seriously wish every weekend could be as awesome as this one was. Today I'm back to the hospital for another night-time clinical, but last week I got to help deliver a beautiful baby boy into the world, so maybe I'll get lucky again tonight!
PS: I am looking for some wide-angle lens recommendations for my Nikon D5100 and would love any suggestions! I've also decided to get the Nikon 50mm 1.8 but would like to order a wide-angle at the same time. Thanks in advance!