In the last week, I have gone from living alone in a tiny one bedroom apartment (that could hardly house all of MY belongings) to sharing it with a whole other person, and all of THEIR belongings. To say it's been an adjustment would be an understatement.
Where do we put all the towels?
Why should you get more closet space?
Don't wash that shirt with the dark clothes!
I've never spent so much money on groceries in my life!
What do you mean, you don't like my toothpaste?
No, I really don't need to watch TV to go to sleep.
Those are just a few things that have been said around our teeny tiny (550 square feet to be exact) apartment in the last week. But after a few days, we adjusted. We still have our own separate toothpaste, and Derek has brought his (completely ostentatious 55 inch) TV into our bedroom. Compromise. My name is half way legally changed to my married name and we've got a morning routine down. So far, this marriage thing ain't half bad.
But with all of that going on, I haven't had much time for blog post related thoughts. So today I'll leave you with a little count down, inspired by this one.
Five things I accomplished over the weekend:
1. Got out of the house on Friday night to go to a friend's annual chili cook-off. We actually entered in the cook-off last year (and unfortunately didn't win) but this year, we were too busy to make anything to enter so I got to be a judge - tons of fun!
2. Mountain biked at the state park in Auburn. It's finally getting cool enough to bike without dying, and we hadn't been to that trail in quite some time, so I thoroughly enjoyed our ride.
3. Tailgated with our tailgate crew. It was our first time seeing everyone since a few weeks before the wedding. The weather was perfect, the game was intense, and the beer was cold. I couldn't have asked for a better Saturday on the plains.
|Tailgating with this guy never gets old!|
4. Bought extra storage for the apartment. Like I mentioned, my closet space has halved, so I needed to find a place for all my shoes, belts, purses, etc. Whoever invented under-bed storage and those over-the-toilet shelf-things were freaking geniuses.
5. Went on a haunted hayride with some friends. We missed it last year, and almost didn't consider going last night, but it was worth it and so much fun!
Four of my current favorite pins from Pinterest:
I have been obsessed with all things home décor lately (maybe I'll talk more about that later this week). From gallery walls, to bright rugs, to quirky bathroom décor, I want it ALL. But for now, I'll just continue to lust after it from behind my computer screen.
Three items that I really need or would really love to purchase:
1. Any of the items mentioned just before (especially a pretty pretty rug).
2. I did really need some new tennis shoes, being that I bought my last pair over two years ago and I wear them pretty regularly with work and the gym. But I splurged last week and bought me some fresh new kicks.
3. Some new coffee mugs. Because one can never have too many cute coffee mugs.
Two things that are bothering me:
1. The temperature in my office (too cold).
2. The temperature outside (too hot).
One of my favorite quotes: