I'm going to be one of those super annoying people who are always wondering how it is already another month and say, HOW IN THE HECK IS IT ALREADY JULY?? Did June even happen? I think I must have slept through it. Back in May, I came up with a list of things I wanted to accomplish this summer and I thought I'd mark my progress and see what I've done and what I need to cram in to this last month of summer.
Sidebar: do you consider July or August the last month of summer? I've always considered July the last month because, growing up, school started back in August and that always meant the end of summer to me.
|My would-have-been 4th of July outfit if it weren't for the torrential downpours.|5 points - freebie/any book: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (992 pages)
- 10 points - any book you've never heard of: undecided
10 points - book on my TBR list: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon (Outlander #2) (752 pages)
- 10 points - Goodreads "Best Book" in 2014: The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
15 points - a new author: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (896 pages)
- 15 points - an author you've read before: The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
- 15 points - "light" or "dark" in the title: Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
- 20 points - city/state/country in the title: Paris Red by Maureen Gibbon
- 20 points - an animal on the cover: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
25 points - part of a four (or more) book series: Voyager by Diana Gabaldon (870 pages) 25 points - longer than 500 pages: Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon (1070 pages)
- 30 points - alliterative title: Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie (240 pages) currently reading