Last month I set four goals for myself. Pretty broad, simple goals. I did this because I was starting fresh - I hadn't been keeping track of my monthly goals since August of last year. I didn't want to start out with too much too fast. I didn't want to set myself up for failure.
In February, my goals were to:
1. Establish a cleaning schedule. My goal was to do one "big" chore each weeknight (vacuum, sweep/mop, clean bathroom, etc) so I could have free time on the weekends. I'll say I'm getting better but there's still a lot of room for improvement.
2. Blog regularly. I think I nailed this one (if I do say so myself). There was only one week where I didn't schedule three blog posts so I will count that as a win in my book. COMPLETE!
3. Try two new recipes. I actually tried four - and they were all pretty big hits. COMPLETE!
4. Visit churches. While we weren't able to go every weekend, we were able to visit new churches in our area. It's still too soon to know if we've found "the one" yet, but I'm enjoying the process. COMPLETE!
This month, my goals are to:
1. Establish a cleaning schedule (for real).
2. Paint the guest bedroom. Right now it's an awful bright teal/turquoise color (which sounds lovely) but it is just a little too bright for our taste. We're more of a neutral-loving family so more grey-beige it will be!
3. Schedule (some of) my social media posts. I just signed up for Hootsuite (late to the game, party of one) and am really liking how user-friendly it can be. I try to schedule five twitter posts per day, and then organically post as well. This is great for a busy day at work when I literally don't pick up my phone until I leave. My next goal is to incorporate my blog facebook page posts as well.
4. Have some blogger collaborations! I have a few ideas floating around in my head and a few bloggers in mind - I'm just a little nervous to take the leap. (Ps if you're interested in working together, please email me!)
5. Save $2,000. As a family, we were doing great in the money-saving game. That is, until we bought a house. Now we're so caught up in renovating, remodeling, and decorating that we haven't actually contributed to our savings account since the end of December. We want to go on some fun vacations this year and need some dolla' billz saved up for them.
What are your goals this month?